Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Pretty Pastel Coconut Pound Cakes


This week I saw the cutest little cakes on Pinterest that were baked
in this pan! So I ordered one from Amazon and as soon as I 
received it, I made mini coconut pound cakes in it! 

This recipe is one of my "go to" recipes that I've been making for years 
and they are so good!! These luscious little two bite cakes include 
Cream of Coconut, butter and cream cheese and are so moist and 
yummy!! They are perfect for so many occasions!

This is the Silicone baking pan that I used. The design is so pretty!

I used baking spray to oil the pan for the first batch, but didn't
use it again after that. After baking the cakes I just turned the
pan upside down, shook it a couple of times and the cakes fell
right out!

To make things easier, I used my piping bag with the plain tip 
to fill the pan. The tip needs to be large enough to let the pieces
of coconut go through. The mixture is very thick, so as I piped
I made sure the tops of the cakes were level so they would bake 
evenly.

I was a little disappointed that the cakes didn't show the
design like I hoped they would. You would see more detail 
if you used the pan for making chocolates or chilled desserts.

These cakes really don't need any frosting. I've
made them many times and I usually just sprinkle on
a little powdered sugar to serve. The Land O'Lakes's recipe
says to just serve them plain with fruit preserves or jam. 
Perfect for a brunch!


Mini Coconut Pound Cakes
*Adapted from Land O'Lakes

1 1/2 cups sugar
3/4 cup butter, softened
1 3 oz pkg cream cheese, softened
*1/4 cup cream of coconut (Original recipe says milk)
3 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups AP flour
1 cup sweetened flaked coconut

Heat oven to 350 degrees. 
Combine sugar, butter and cream cheese in mixer.
Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy.
Add cream of coconut, eggs and vanilla. Continue 
beating until smooth. Stir in flour and coconut.

Spoon (or pipe) into paper-lined or greased muffin cups, 
filling each 3/4 full. Bake for 32 to 38 minutes (20 minutes 
for mini muffins) or until light golden brown. 


Just for fun, I tried several different icing techniques. I used royal icing
for the pink cakes and didn't like the taste. I used a simple 
powdered sugar & milk glaze for the green cakes and liked that a lot 
more. But my favorite way to serve them is just sprinkling with 
powdered sugar, and I thought they looked really pretty that way!

Hope you enjoy my version of these wonderful little Coconut Cakes!!
Thanks for stopping by!!




4 comments:

  1. And that is why we love Pinterest!! So glad you found the sweet baking pan. Your coconut pound cakes look so delectable.....as is everything you bake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! I like them better than cup cakes I think, as they seem daintier to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found your adorable blog...and really am excited to make your little cakes. I just last week ordered the pan and got it yesterday...mini bundt cakes...they are going to be served at my Bunco game next month..I am hoping to make your recipe, freeze the little cakes and ice them on the day of my party. Thanks for your recipe.
    bj

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete