Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Cotton Candy Meringues


This is round 2 of my quest for the best cotton candy flavoring. 
You may remember my cotton candy mints recipe where I tried 
the LorAnn Cotton Candy Flavor.  In my humble opinion, the 
like cotton candy and colors your creations a lovely shade of blue!

I made meringues and piped 2 different shapes using the same tip - 
Wilton 2D - little star shapes and rose swirls. After I piped them onto my 
sheets of parchment I sprinkled them with some pretty nonpareils.

I loved the texture of the meringue mixture and the
baked meringues were very nice & crisp. They
held up quite nicely to being moved about so
much for the pictures!

The cotton candy flavoring gave the meringues
such a pretty color. They looked lovely with the pink polka dots
on my vintage hankie! (I try to sneak in as many of my
vintage fabrics as I can in my photos!)


Cotton Candy Meringues
adapted from make-fabulous-cakes

Ingredients:

1/2 cup egg whites (120g) or 4 large egg whites
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
1/2 cup plus 1 tbsp (115g) granulated white sugar
1 packet Duncan Hines Cotton Candy Flavoring
1 cup (115g) lightly spooned powdered sugar

Preheat oven to 200 degrees F and place a piece of
parchment paper on a cookie baking sheet.
Whisk egg whites in a bowl until frothy. Add 
cream of tartar and beat until soft peaks form.
Slowly add the granulated sugar and whisk 
until the meringue reaches stiff peaks.
Beat in the Duncan Hines Cotton Candy
Flavoring packet.  Fold in the powdered sugar. 

Place the meringue in a piping bag with your tip
of choice and pipe on to the baking sheet. Bake for 
2 hours. Alternatively, bake for 1 hour and leave
in the turned off oven overnight.



I liked the size of the little star shaped meringues. So cute!
They would make nice little nibbles for any Tea Party!

Thanks for visiting! Have a great day!! xo!




12 comments:

  1. Those are so beautiful! You should do your own book with all your beautiful creations!!!

    Wish you could send some of your spring warmth here.... big blizzard here right now!

    So happy we are going to Florida etc for a couple of weeks on Monday.

    Take care,
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your encouragement Carolyn! I would LOVE to do a cookbook at some point! Would love any info that you could pass along! You will need a trip to Florida after all the snow I saw on your blog today!! Have fun!! xo!! Jina

      Delete
  2. Jina, I also think you should do your own book...I would buy it!!!! I just love drooling over the pictures of your exquisite cooking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am definitely going to check into that! You're so sweet Linda!! xoxo!! Jina

      Delete
  3. So pretty! I featured you on my Frozen party food post: http://printabelle.com/fantastic-frozen-party-food-ideas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for including my meringues on your post!! So many great Frozen Party ideas!!

      Delete
  4. I love these! Going to do them for my daughter's Frozen party this weekend! Question... When do you put the sprinkles on the meringue?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Laura! Put the sprinkles on the meringues right after you pipe them! Thank you!!

      Delete
  5. LOVELY!!!!
    About how many will this recipe make?

    ReplyDelete