Saturday, March 29, 2014

5 Minute Chocolate Ganache Tarts


I was recently asked a question about chocolate tarts for a 
group of 450 people, and I immediately thought of these 
Chocolate Ganache Tarts. I wanted to post this recipe for 
that person and anyone else who needs a quick & easy tart
recipe! 

I made these tarts for a group of 200. They were part
of an afternoon tea menu and they got raves!
I made them the night before the Tea, then topped
them with whipped cream right before serving.

To begin with, I used store bought tart shells. These are getting 
easier to find - I get mine from Kroger, on the baking aisle.
The ganache is simple to make and takes about 5 minutes!

I tried filling these first by spooning it into the tart shells and
next by pouring it in the shells using my measuring cup.
The measuring cup was rather messy and I kept getting
more ganache in the shells than I wanted, so I ended up
using my spoon. Since the ganache mixture was pretty
cool, I think you could use a piping bag with a plain tip.
This would be faster for filling a large quantity of tarts.

Pipe swirls of whipped cream onto tarts using a small
star tip.

Top tarts with a royal icing flower.....

....or Pink Whipped Cream & Chocolate Sprinkles!

This recipe will make 64 tiny tarts or 1 large tart.
If you can't find the tart shells I used, you can also
use store bought Fillo Shells, which come 15 to a
pack - 4 packs will make 60 tarts.


5 Minute Chocolate Tarts

Ingredients:

4 packs Shortbread Tart Shells
or 4 packs Fillo Shells
6 oz heavy cream
2 tbsp sugar
pinch salt
8 oz baking chocolate 
2 oz unsalted butter, softened (4 tbsp)
2 oz milk (1/4 cup)

In a heavy pan, place the heavy cream, sugar and pinch of salt
and bring to a boil.  When mixture begins to boil, remove
from heat. Add the butter and chocolate and stir until 
creamy and smooth and all the chocolate has dissolved.
When slightly cool add the milk and mix until shiny & smooth.
Pour/spoon into tart shells and chill in the refrigerator.
Serve with whipped cream & berries if desired. 

A cup of tea and a chocolate tart = HEAVEN!! xo!



5 comments:

  1. It's unbelievable you made them in only 5 minutes!!! I mean, they look so perfect, beautiful and inviting that you could sell them in a bakery! What are you waiting for?? :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL!! It helps a lot when your tart shells are already made!! They sure taste good enough to be in a bakery!! xoxo!! Jina

      Delete
  2. Beautiful! What type of baking chocolate do you use? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cindy! I use Baker's Brand Semi Sweet chocolate.

      Delete