Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Fabulous Lemon Tea Cakes - Easy too!


Today I'm revisiting a recipe that I blogged about in 2011. I've made many 
recipes since then but this recipe is one of my signature pastries!
 The texture is like a firm but soft pound cake and very moist! 

If you've always wanted to try making Petits Fours but were afraid to try, 
you need to make these! You will need to buy a teacake pan, but it is 
so worth it to be able to whip out these gorgeous Petits Fours!!! 

What really surprised me was how easy the cakes come out of the
pan! All I do is let the cakes cool about 3 minutes, then carefully
tilt the pan and the cakes just fall out onto my baking sheet!
I'm not kidding you!!

If you don't want to invest in a Teacake pan just yet, you can make
these in a mini muffin pan. They may not be as pretty but they'll be
just as delicious and you can pretty them up with a royal icing flower!

This wonderful little cakes would be perfect for a Bridal Shower,
Baby Shower, Tea, Brunch, or any special occasion!!

Lemon Tea Cakes
adapted from Taste of Home 

1 1/2 cups butter, softened (3 sticks)
1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
2 1/4 cups sugar
6 eggs (room temp)
3 tbsp lemon juice
2 tsp lemon extract
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 tsp grated lemon peel (I used zest of 2 lemons)
3 cups all purpose flour

Glaze:
5 1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
8 tbsp lemon juice
food coloring if desired

In a large bow, cream the butter, cream cheese & sugar
until light & fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well
after each addition. Beat in the lemon juice, extracts &
lemon peel. Add flour; beat just until smooth.

Fill Greased miniature petits four or muffin pan 2/3
full. (I used my small cookie scoop which worked perfectly) 
Bake at 325 degrees for 15 minutes or until a 
toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
Cool for 3-5 minutes before removing from pans to
wire racks to cool completely.

In a small bowl, combine glaze ingredients. Dip
tops of cakes into glaze. Makes 8 1/2 dozen.

I always put my cakes in mini muffin liners to serve. It just
makes them look special - like something from a bakery!
Hope you give these lovelies a try!! Thanks for visiting!!





6 comments:

  1. Oh my, these look delicious and they're really pretty. Thanks for sharing your recipe.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Sandi!! It's a perfect recipe for those of us who like pretty teatime cakes! xo Jina

      Delete
  2. So nice and inviting! It seems they're saying: "please, eat me!". Great job Jina!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so good! Wish I could send you some because now it's up to me & the kids to eat them!! xo Jina

      Delete
  3. Such yummy looking bite-sized morsels of deliciousness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda!! They are so yummy & perfect with a cup of tea!! xo Jina

      Delete