Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Teacup Chocolate Chip Cookies




Today I bring you some adorable mini cookies that I call
 Teacup Chocolate Chip Cookies. I saw the recipe here a
couple of days ago and couldn't wait to make them!

I had so much response to my Fairy Bites that I thought I'd
begin a mini cookies series!
These are easy to make, but just a little more time consuming
because you have to work with such tiny amounts of dough.

You use your measuring spoon - 1/2 teaspoon size - to measure out
your dough. There is just one secret to creating pretty cookies and
that is to add some extra mini chocolate chips to the top of the
cookies before you bake them. If you don't do this you will get
cookies that look like these below!

Not very pretty!

So, remember to add the extra chocolate chips so that you'll get 
pretty cookies like these below!

Much better! This is what I want my cookies to look like!



TEACUP CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES

1 stick butter (softened)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1/3 cup AP flour
1 cup cake flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips


Mix together the butter and sugars. Add the egg and vanilla and mix 
until combined. Sift in the flours, salt, and soda. Mix just until
combined and stir in the chocolate chips. Refrigerate until firm
(or put in freezer until firm enough to work with.) Preheat
oven to 350 degrees.

Scoop by 1/2 teaspoons onto a baking sheet (I line mine with
parchment.) Bake for about 5-8 minutes or until desired
doneness is reached. 


These cookies would be cute favors at a Little Girl's Tea Party 
served in mini cupcake liners like these!


Hope this recipe gives you some ideas & inspiration
today! Thanks for visiting! xo




10 comments:

  1. You surely inspire me to raise the bar on pretty presentation!

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Carolyn!! I do like to make my sweets "pretty"! LOL!! Have a great week!! xo Jina

      Delete
  2. Your chocolate chip cookies look delicious!

    Madelief x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Madelief!! It's hard to stop popping these little bite sized cookies in your mouth!! Hope your having a good week! xo Jina

      Delete
  3. Oh my goodness me, what a perfect combo - pretty teacups and cookies!

    Also a great idea in our home as we have a two and half year old who has a sweet tooth, so a little treat or two would be fine in such a fun size x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! It would be the perfect size for little ones!! Thanks so much for visiting!! xo Jina

      Delete
  4. Yum! Thanks for the tip about putting on extra chocolate chips as it makes such a difference!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your Welcome Linda! Thanks for visiting!! Have a great weekend! xo Jina

      Delete