Monday, March 3, 2014

Frilly Lemon Meltaway Cookies



What could be more lovely than Frilly Lemon Cookies at a 
Tea Party? I adore Lemon Meltaway Cookies and have been
making them for Tea Parties for years. I usually follow the
basic directions and form the cookie dough into logs, which 
are sliced and baked. Today, I thought I'd try rolling the
dough out and using my flower shaped cookie cutters!

I rolled the dough out using a light dusting of powdered sugar. 
No problem!

After baking, a few cookies had small cracks on the surface
but you couldn't see the cracks after I dusted them with
powdered sugar. 

I loved the Ruffles that the Wilton 1M tip made with the frosting!
It's so much prettier than just spreading the frosting with a knife!
To make sure that I would have enough frosting, I just doubled
the frosting recipe.

The following recipe is the basic Land O Lakes recipe. 
To make my version, form the dough into a disc before
chilling, then roll out to about 1/2" thick. Cut out desired 
shapes and bake. When cool, pipe the (doubled) frosting 
onto cookies and dust with powdered sugar.


Lemon Meltaways

Cookies





1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup Land O Lakes® Butter, softened
1/2 cup cornstarch
1/3 cup powdered sugar
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest

Frosting

3/4 cup powdered sugar
1/4 cup Land O Lakes® Butter, softened
1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
1 teaspoon lemon juice






Combine all cookie ingredients in large bowl. Beat at low speed, scraping bowl often, until well mixed.
Divide dough in half. Shape each half into 8x1-inch log. Wrap each in plastic food wrap. Refrigerate 1-2 hours or until firm.
Heat oven to 350°F.
Cut each log into 1/4-inch slices with sharp knife. Place 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 8-12 minutes or until set. (Cookies will not brown.) Cool completely.
Combine all frosting ingredients in small bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until fluffy. Frost cooled cookies. Makes approximately 48 cookies.


Frilly Lemon Meltaways! The perfect Tea Party Cookie!




16 comments:

  1. These are beautiful, I'm going to try them!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please do Mrs. Cozy!! You don't have to use the same tip that I did either - I think any tip would look pretty! They really do melt in your mouth! xo Jina

      Delete
  2. Love these! So adorable and delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Ali!! I need to pop by your blog to see what's cooking!! xoxo Jina

      Delete
  3. You always make the prettiest little confections. Joni

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you made my day Joni!! Thanks so very much! xoxo Jina

      Delete
  4. These look so pretty and delicious. I love all your wonderful recipes. So many great ideas. Thanks for sharing them with us.

    Regards,

    Janet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Janet!! I adore baking and sharing my recipes! I also love visiting your blog! You have such an eye for beauty! xo Jina

      Delete
  5. These are pretty and as I am looking around, you have some pretty special little desserts. if you are interested in getting your own domain name, hop on over to my current post.
    http://www.lifeandlinda.com/2014/03/news-domain-for-117-for-1-year.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did you cut these out with cookie cutters?

    ReplyDelete
  7. How many cookies does this recipe yield?

    ReplyDelete
  8. These were so easy to make and are delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Did you roll out and cut the dough before or after you put it in the refrigerator ?

    ReplyDelete