Monday, June 9, 2014

Fabulous Italian Amaretti

I am so excited to bring to you today a wonderful Amaretti Cookie
recipe from my blogger friend Laura over at InCucinaColCuore.
Laura always has something yummy baking, and when I saw
this Amaretti recipe, I had to give it a try!

If you love a nice chewy cookie, then you'll love these!
They taste like a Macaron, but are much easier to prepare! 
Another wonderful Italian Cookie that I made and loved was

These Amaretti are super easy and only take a few minutes to throw 
together!! If you have a small cookie scoop, they go even faster!

After I scooped the mixture out, I rolled into balls, then 
dropped into the powdered sugar to coat.

Bake for 15 minutes! Aren't they pretty?!

I added a sugar flower to the top of the cookies with just a tiny
bit of ready made frosting as glue! So pretty!


AMARETTI

Ingredients:
2 egg whites (60 grams) room temp
250 grams granulated sugar
200 grams almond flour
powdered sugar (icing sugar)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a large bowl, sift together granulated sugar and almond 
flour. In another bowl, beat egg whites to soft peaks. 
Add sugar/almond mixture to egg whites and combine.

Using a small cookie scoop (or your hands) form small balls and 
roll in powdered sugar.  Place balls on a parchment paper 
lined baking sheet, leaving 1-inch space between cookies.
Bake for 15 minutes, or until tops are cracked and bottoms 
of cookies are just golden.

Let cool slightly then transfer to a wire rack to cool
completely. Makes approximately 30 cookies.

**If you don't have a kitchen scale you need to get one! 
It makes measuring ingredients so much easier! If a recipe
is in grams, you don't have to worry about figuring out
how many cups you will need etc.


I enjoyed several of these cookies with a nice cup of Vanilla Chai!

So yummy!!

Thanks Laura for this wonderful recipe and for following my
blog so faithfully!!! xo!!!

Today, I'm linking up with Rose Chintz Cottage for 
Tea Time Tuesday!  Come by for some lovely
tea party ideas!!





8 comments:

  1. These are so pretty! I love to have afternoon tea with my family, and this looks like a perfect recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Claire! I love trying to think of ways to make everything I bake "pretty." It's so much fun!! Thanks for your Comments!!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for another great recipe...I will definitely try these!

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much Jina! But let me say: they look even better than mine!!! I was just thinking that whatever you cook just come out beautiful! What's your secret? :P :P Obviously I'm joking, I'm glad you liked these recipe (when I still haven't time to try yours - gonna have an exam tomorrow and 4 more in the next two weeks)! A big big hug!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jina, your cookies really are pretty and I can tell, delicious too. Love the sweet little posies you 'glued' on. That is a lovely teacup too. Thank you so much for sharing this with us and joining me for tea. Have a beautiful day.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those cookies look so pretty and I know they are yummy as well! Thanks for telling us about them. I shall put them on my to do list of things to try!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I decided to give this recipe a go, because they reminded me of these cookies my husband and I love and buy when we visit Siena, Italy. They are handmade by nuns and my husband says this recipe is the closest we got to the real deal. Thanks for sharing the recipe, Cora

    ReplyDelete