Monday, August 11, 2014

Sprinkle Twist Cookies with Tutorial


I love my Gooseberry Patch cookbooks, and today I'm
going to show you how to make Twist Cookies
from their Sweet & Simple cookbook!

Over the weekend I was flipping through my cookbook (I 
read cookbooks like other people read novels LOL!) and
as soon as I read the recipe for Twist Cookies, I wanted
to make them! 
Aren't they pretty?!  I decorated my cookies with sprinkles, 
but colored sugar would also be pretty! They really are not
difficult to make! 

First, I used my small cookie scoop to measure out the balls,
then rolled them in my hand until smooth. Then I rolled each
ball into an 8 inch rope. I used my measuring tape for the
first cookie, but after that I just eyeballed the length. (Don't
do what I did and use flour for rolling out the dough because
the cookies won't stick together for the twist.)

The recipe didn't mention chilling the dough first, but I
found it much easier to work with after chilling. I
suggest at least 30 minutes.

Next, fold the cookie rope in half....

...and twist 2 to 3 times.

Place cookies on a parchment lined baking sheet,
brush with beaten eggs and decorate with sprinkles
or sparkling sugar!
The recipe says to bake for 15-20 minutes - mine took 20.
Everyone's oven is different - just bake until lightly browned.

Let cool and enjoy with a cup of tea (or coffee!)


TWIST COOKIES

Ingredients:

1 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups sugar
6 eggs, divided
1 tsp vanilla extract
4 tsp baking powder
4-5 cups AP Flour
sprinkles

Cream butter until fluffy, about 5 minutes;
gradually add sugar, blending another 5 minutes.
Add 4 eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each
addition; blend in vanilla and baking powder.
Gradually mix in flour until a stiff dough forms;
roll dough into walnut sized balls. Roll each ball
into an 8-inch rope; fold in half and twist 2 to 3
times. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet;
set aside. Beat remaining eggs; brush onto each
twist. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
Makes about 5 dozen.

I hope this tutorial helps you to make these lovely cookies!
They would be pretty for a tea, brunch or girl's birthday
party!! Enjoy!!





5 comments:

  1. How much sugar? You didn't list an amount unless the sprinkles are the sweetener. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am SO SORRY Diana!! I just forgot to list it - it's 1 1/2 cups sugar. Thanks so much!!!

      Delete
  2. hi i was wondering how much sugar to use, i don't see this in the recipe, thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kevin, thanks so much for letting me know! It's 1 1/2 cups sugar!

      Delete
  3. Pretty isn't enough for this beautiful cookies! And I'm sure they taste as good as they look :)
    A big hug Jina! Hope everything is going well!

    ReplyDelete