Saturday, June 27, 2015

Banana Nut Bread Tea Sandwiches

Last post I shared with you my favorite Banana Bread recipe! 
Today, I'm going to give you a delicious Tea Sandwich Idea
that uses Banana Bread, Cream Cheese and cinnamon! 

This recipe is so easy and so delicious!!  First, using your hand mixer 
mix together one package softened cream cheese and 1/2 teaspoon 
cinnamon until light & fluffy.  Place the mixture into a disposable 
piping bag fitted with a small star tip.

Next, slice one loaf Banana Bread into 1/2"-3/4" slices using a 
serrated knife (if you have one!)  Cut out shapes with your favorite
cookie cutter and place on a baking sheet. Pipe half of the shapes
with cream cheese mixture then top with remaining halves.
Cover and refrigerate until needed.



BANANA NUT BREAD TEA SANDWICHES

1 loaf Banana Bread, sliced into 1/2"-3/4" slices
1 package cream cheese, softened
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

Place the Banana Bread slices on a baking sheet. Using 
a cookie cutter, cut out as many shapes as possible from
the slices. (Or just trim crusts off and cut slices into
halves or quarters.)

Using a hand mixer, beat cream cheese and cinnamon
together until light and fluffy. Place mixture into a
disposable piping bag fitted with a star tip (or just 
spread mixture using a butter knife.)  Pipe or
spread half the shapes with cream cheese 
mixture, then top with remaining halves. 
Cover and refrigerate until needed.


I've always loved sliced nut bread topped with cream cheese!
It's one of my fav tea treats!!
So Scrummy!!


NUM NUM NUM!! xo!!


10 comments:

  1. I haven't popped in for a while and have missed seeing your delicious treats. I am now going to make myself a cuppa and look at all your yumminess!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy that you stopped by Linda!! I've had a bit of a family situation that kept me away for a bit! Your comments always make me smile!! Hope all is well with you!! I'll pop over for a visit soon!! xoxo!!

      Delete
  2. So many beautiful little teatime treats. Your blog is charming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look amazing. Very dainty and elegant for a tea party. They also look delicious. Thank you sharing your recipe.

    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks delicious, thanks for sharing. Hope you're having a good summer. I am planning a bridal shower tea party. Your blog is an invaluable resource. Thanks so much for all your hard work.
    Fellow tea lover,
    Nina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nina! I'm so glad that my humble blog is a help to you!! I love sharing what I bake and love hearing from you!! Thanks for your kind words!!

      Delete
  5. Love this idea of turning a banana nut loaf into tea sandwiches! I look forward to trying.
    Your website is a blessing.
    Share on!

    ReplyDelete