Monday, September 30, 2013

Toffee Crumble Scones



Hi Everyone! Today I am revisiting a recipe that  I posted 
 almost 2 years ago - Toffee Crumble Scones.  This is such a 
fabulous recipe that I wanted to give those who didn't see it a chance
 to give them a try!

A Scone with Crumble Topping just sounded scrumptious to me so I 
developed this recipe! The Crumble Topping on top of a lovely Buttery 
Scone is heaven, and adding the toffee pieces to the dough and to the 
crumble just puts it over the top! It is so rich that you don't need any 
accompaniments! 


I baked them in this wonderful muffin pan with square shapes and they 
turned out really pretty! It's a non-stick pan but I lightly buttered it just in 
case, and the scones just popped right out.

Here's how I made them:

For the Scones:
2 cups AP flour
1 tbsp baking powder
pinch salt
1/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup Heath's Toffee Pieces
1/3 cup butter, cut into small pieces
1 cup heavy cream

For the Crumble:
1 cup AP Flour
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup Heath's Toffee Pieces
6 tbsp butter, room temp

To make the Scones: into a mixing bowl combine the first 5 ingredients. 
Cut in the butter with a pastry blender (or rub in with your hands) until 
crumbly. Add the heavy cream, stirring until moistened. Turn out onto a 
lightly floured surface and knead just until dough comes together.  Pat dough 
into a rectangle and cut into 12 equal pieces. I use a dough scraper to do this -
it makes it so much easier. If you don't have a pan like mine you can use a 
regular muffin pan or just place the squares of dough onto a baking pan lined 
with parchment paper. If done this way the Scones won't hold their shape like
 they would if baked in a pan, but they will still be delicious!

For the Crumble: combine flour, sugar, salt & toffee pieces. Using a pastry 
blender or fork cut in the butter until fine crumbs form. Using your hands, 
squeeze together most of the mixture to form large clumps. Add a heaping 
tablespoon of the Crumble to the top of the Scones and bake in a 375 degree
 oven for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned.

Scones are not difficult to make and you would be crowned the Scone Queen
 if you brought these to your next ladies' function! They would be a 
perfect addition to an Autumn Tea or Brunch!!




2 comments:

  1. Everything you make looks so pretty! I will have to try these as I love scones with my tea.Thank you for sharing all the beauty both here and on pinterest.
    Take care,
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Carolyn!! So excited to have you stop by! I adore your blog and your lovely photos! My Pinterest boards wouldn't be the same without you!! xo Jina

    ReplyDelete