Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Madeleine inspired Melting Moments


I have an easy, elegant and scrumptious little cookie
to share with you today! It's a Melting Moments cookie baked 
in a mini Madeleine pan! I used the same recipe as my Melting 
time I pressed pieces of the dough into my French Madeleine 
pan, baked them, then sprinkled them with powdered
sugar to serve. 

I used this same technique for my Orange Shortbread Madeleines.
I really liked the way this pan showed off the lovely details of the 
Melting Moments cookies. I used a darker non-stick pan for the 
orange shortbread madeleines and they weren't as pretty.

I didn't even have to butter the pan before baking. Then I 
let them cool for 3 or 4 minutes, gently tapped the pan 
on the counter and they fell right out.

I let them cool completely on a wire rack, and dusted them
with a light sprinkling of powdered sugar. How easy is that?!

I think these are a perfect easy addition to a 
Spring Tea Party menu! 



Madeleine inspired MELTING MOMENTS 


2 sticks (250g) butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract (I used clear)
1/2 cup (80g) icing (confectioners') sugar, sifted
1 1/2 cups (225g) all purpose flour
1/2 cup (75g) cornstarch (cornflour)

Preheat oven to 325F (160C).
Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
Into a bowl, sift together the all purpose flour
and the cornstarch/cornflour. 

Beat butter, extract and confectioners' sugar
with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
On lowest speed, add flour mixture in two
batches.

Divide dough into quarters. Onto a surface dusted with 
a light coating of powdered sugar, Roll each quarter into 
a log about 9"-10" long and 1 1/4" round. Slice each log 
into 1/2 inch wide slices and press each piece into a 
Non-stick Mini Madeleine pan. Bake for about 15 
minutes. 

Let cool in pan for 3-4 minutes. Remove cookies from 
pan by gently tapping on work surface, then transfer 
them to wire rack to cool completely. Makes 
approximately 80 tiny cookies.

To serve: Lightly dust cookies with powdered sugar
then arrange on a vintage plate. Place a few
edible flowers around for an extra pretty
touch! Enjoy!





Today I'd like to sit and sip
Forget about the world a bit,
Ignore the things I have to do,
         And just enjoy a cup or two. - Unknown




No comments:

Post a Comment