Friday, April 21, 2017

Lemon Mousse Teatime Parfaits


I have a light and lemony Mousse recipe to share today, that
when piped into a beautiful parfait glass, swirled with homemade
whipped cream, and topped with an edible pansy, becomes a
gorgeous teatime treat!

It's one of my favorite teatime desserts, and is a perfect addition
 to any Spring or Summer Tea Party. It requires a few more steps
 than my Lemon Creams, but it's so worth it!!
I made these for a tea party of about 150 ladies, and got
rave reviews! I found the recipe in Southern Living
Magazine, which described this dessert as "Tangy,
cold and bursting with flavor, this delightful dessert
is definitely a winner." I agree!!
I piped my mixture into some small glasses that I
bought at an antique shop. Small glasses for a 
tea party are best because you don't want to fill
up on just one dessert when you'll also be having
other lovely things such as scones, cakes and 
sandwiches!
I had these beautiful pansies growing in the garden and
used them to adorn my desserts! Love the color!!

If you don't have any edible flowers blooming, you could
decorate your parfaits with a sprig of mint and/or some
lemon zest curls.

DEERHILL'S LEMON MOUSSE
Recipe courtesy Chef Michael Anelli,
Deerhill Inn, West Dover, Vermont

1/2 cup water
1/2 tablespoon unflavored gelatin
3 large eggs, separated
1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
zest of one lemon
1 cup heavy cream
1 cup sugar

Dissolve gelatin and 1/2 cup of the sugar in the
water in a stainless steel bowl. Whisk in egg yolks. 
Place in a double boiler and heat to 175 degrees, 
whisking instantly until thickened. Remove from
heat and add lemon juice and zest. Refrigerate or
place over a large bowl of ice until mixture begins
to gel.

Meanwhile, beat egg whites with the other 1/2 cup
sugar until soft peaks form. Fold into gelling egg-
lemon mixture. Whip heavy cream to soft peaks
and fold into mixture. Spoon (or pipe) into parfait
or champagne glasses, and chill thoroughly. 
Garnish with whipped cream and an edible 
flower if desired. *Serves 6. (or more,
depending on the size of glass.)


This lemon mousse is just delicious! Hope you
give it a try!
Here's a spoon for you, and one for me! Thanks for
joining me today!!




10 comments:

  1. You amaze me. Not only do you make the best tea party foods in blogdom but oh my word can you photograph well - this is beyond beautiful! You have done it again!

    Please please please invite me to tea! I need to see this in person! : - )

    Well done, truly love your posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Michele!! You always make my day!! I would love to have a tea party for all my lovely blog friends!! It would be so fun!! Hugs!!

      Delete
  2. These are so pretty and look absolutely delicious! What a gorgeous presentation with the pansies! I really want to try this lemon mousse. I love lemon and I love mousse so it's a win win!!
    Linda
    mysewwhatblog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda!! I love this time of year when so many flowers are blooming. I think edible flowers are the perfect garnish! I hope you try the lemon mousse! It's delicious!!

      Delete
  3. Oh my, these look amazing Gina... And what a gorgeous presentation. Lemons and pretty flowers??? It doesn't prettier than that... You have definitely inspired me to create my own...

    Thank you for sharing the recipes ad your beautiful photos. Have a wonderful week.

    Janet
    rosemary-thyme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your sweet comments Janet!! I always love when you come to visit!! Hugs!!

      Delete
  4. Beautiful. Looks perfect for a Spring/Summer Tea! How far ahead could you make the mousse. I'm trying to spread out the cooking over a few days for a tea party rather than trying to make it all on the same day. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jim! You can make the mousse up to two days ahead. Just go ahead and pipe it into the glasses and cover them loosely with plastic wrap or foil. Then right before serving, pipe the whipped cream on top. Thank you!!

      Delete
  5. Wow! I love everything you share but this just might be my favorite!
    Your styling and photography is amazing too.
    I am going to make this for a tea party soon.
    Thanks for sharing,
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Carolyn!! It's a wonderful recipe and can be made ahead, which comes in handy when you're having a tea party!! I just happened to have some pretty pansies blooming, which made these parfaits look so special! I always appreciate your comments!!

      Delete