Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Pink Vanilla Meringues with Cotton Candy Whipped Cream


If you're a cotton candy lover like me, you've probably 
discovered how difficult it is to find a really good tasting 
cotton candy flavoring.  I've tried several different brands as
in this post and this post. One didn't smell like cotton candy 
at all and the other, which I loved, is now discontinued! 

That said, today I made cotton candy meringues using
 Cotton Candy Pink Vanilla Sugar,  and whipped cream


I was hoping that the actual cotton candy sugar would
impart that yummy fairground flavor, but alas, the
meringues basically tasted like I had used plain sugar.
(They did, however, have a pretty pink color!)


Sooo.... I googled Cotton candy flavoring and 
noticed a brand that I hadn't tried - Bickford.
I ordered that, and used it in my whipped cream
filling. I really liked it, BUT....(LOL) it still
doesn't taste like the real thing to me. It's
more like cherry vanilla. 

Before I began, I whizzed some of the cotton candy
sugar in the food processor. I just wanted to be sure
that it would melt quickly. I ended up with sugar that
was very fine, but not quite powdered. 

The meringues baked up beautifully! I was lucky 
to have any left by the time I made the filling
because my daughter mini pink kept eating
them!! You can't blame her though...wouldn't
pretty pink bite sized meringues sandwiched
with cotton candy whipped cream be a huge
temptation to any child?! Just saying.....




PINK VANILLA COTTON CANDY MERINGUES

INGREDIENTS:

3 egg whites
1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
pinch of table salt (1/8 teaspoon or less)
1 cup powdered sugar or powdered 
vanilla pink flossugar, divided
drop of pink food gel (if) you don't use
vanilla pink flossugar
Wilton Spring Nonparils

1 cup heavy cream or whipping cream
remaining 1/4 cup powdered sugar or 
powdered vanilla pink flossugar
1/2 teaspoon cotton candy flavoring
drop of pink food color (if) you don't use
vanilla pink flossugar

DIRECTIONS: 

Preheat oven to 200 degreesF. Whizz
1 cup vanilla pink flossugar in a food 
processor until very fine. 

In a mixing bowl with a wire whisk
attachment, beat egg whites until frothy.
Add cream of tartar and salt and beat 
until you get soft peaks. Slowly add the
sugar and beat until you get stiff peaks.

Place mixture into a piping bag (I use
disposable bags) with a star tip (I used
Ateco 848 tip) Pipe shapes onto a 
parchment lined baking sheet and bake
for 2 hours, or until meringues become
crisp.

For the whipped cream, into a chilled bowl
with chilled beaters, Beat cream, sugar, cotton
candy flavoring, (and food gel if not using 
flossugar), until you get firm peaks. 

Place filling into a piping bag fitted with
any tip (I used a small star tip) and pipe
filling on half the meringues. Sandwich with 
the remaining halves and serve immediately.

The number of meringues you get depends
on how big you pipe them. I got around
60 meringues, which is 30 meringue
sandwiches.


or....you can do what I do and sample one!!

Now I'm gonna make myself and mini pink a cup
of Earl Grey, sit back and enjoy a couple of these
beautiful meringues!! Wish you were here!! xo!





8 comments:

  1. Oh my, I wish I was there too! These are so positively pretty! So pink and dainty! I really want to make these. How pretty they would be for a tea party!
    Linda
    mysewwhatblog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Linda!! That are so FUN and perfect for a tea party!! xo!!

      Delete
  2. These are wonderful. I have them on my list to try. So pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish I was there too.....beautiful as always!

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweet Carolyn!! It's always a treat to have you visit!! xo!!

      Delete