Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Sparkling Blue Ribbon Sugar Cookies


Everyone should have a "go to" SUGAR COOKIE RECIPE and
this is mine! It's buttery, delicious and easy! There's no chilling the
dough, so you can have your cookie jar filled in no time for after
school snacks!

Classic sugar cookies are a go to recipe all year long! 
Because you can decorate using your favorite colors,
they're perfect for school colors, bake sales and holidays!
Use pastel colors for Easter, orange for Halloween, red 
and green for Christmas! They're so versatile! 

Just scoop out as many balls of dough as you can - I got 24 -
then using your hands, roll into a smooth ball then roll in
colored sprinkles.

I couldn't do without my set of cookie scoops!! I bought
them several years ago from Pampered Chef. They are
an excellent way to make your drop cookies look
 professional for that Bake Sale or pretty gift for a
friend!

After rolling in colored sprinkles, flatten slightly with
the bottom of a glass.

Bake for 12-15 minutes, let cool on baking sheet for a
minute or two, then cool completely on a rack. 
Aren't they pretty?!
I had several jars of sprinkles that I bought from 
a store called Homegoods that I put to good use!!
Love the colors!

Land O'Lakes described this cookie as crisp,
but mine turned out a firm but soft cookie. I 
guess if you prefer a more crisp cookie, you
could just bake it longer.



SPARKLING BLUE RIBBON SUGAR COOKIES
Adapted from Land O"Lakes
1 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
colored sugars

Heat oven to 375 degrees.
Combine butter, powdered sugar and 1/2
cup sugar in bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping
bowl often, until creamy. Add egg and vanilla; continue
beating until well mixed. Add flour, cream of tartar and
baking soda; beat at low speed until dough forms a ball.

Using a cookie scoop, (mine is 1 1/4" across) place 
scoops of dough 2" apart onto a parchment lined 
baking sheet.  Then go back and shape scoops into
smooth balls and roll in colored sugar. Replace on
baking sheet and flatten to about 1 1/2 inches with
the bottom of a glass.
Bake 12-15 minutes or until edges are lightly
browned. Let stand 1 minute on baking sheet
then remove to cooling rack. Makes 24 nice sized
cookies.


Thanks so much for stopping by!!
Happy Baking!!




6 comments:

  1. Your sugar cookies look so tasty and sparkly. I love a firm but soft sugar cookie and wish I had one of yours right now. I have that same Pamered Chef cookie scoop and love it! I love HomeGoods, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this easy recipe. I love my cookie scoop too! It makes it easier and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jina, I think LandOLakes must have made their cookies thinner in order for them to be crisp. Your cookie is thick enough to remain soft even with longer baking. They look perfect! And so pretty. I use a scoop for my cookies, too, because I'm a little obsessive about them being exactly the same size! :D These would go so nicely with a cup of tea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you're right Jean - their recipe made a lot more cookies than mine, so their cookies must be smaller and thinner! I like them both ways!! I'm with you - a nice cup of tea and a couple of these buttery cookies and I'm set!! Thanks so much for you comments!! Jina

      Delete
  4. I want to submit your violet macarons to Teatime magazine. Would you be interested?

    ReplyDelete