Tuesday, August 2, 2011

A Plum Rosy Tea

Today I have a lovely little Tea prepared for you! If you like plums, you will 
love my Plum Tarts!!  I was so excited to finally use my new Williams 
Sonoma Mini Tarts Baking Set! This tart pan worked really well with the puff 
pastry tart shells I made and the tarts turned out really cute! I also got to 
use my pretty pink vintage tablecloth with roses and fruit on it!
 I used ready made puff pastry for the shells instead of pie crust. I didn't 
grease the pan and the pastries popped right out after baking! They only 
stuck in the places where the plum juice escaped.

All you need is one package of ready made puff pastry,
a jar of Plum Jam and 2-3 lovely Plums! If you don't
have this tart set just use a mini muffin pan.

 I was able to get 9 shells from each pastry sheet - 18 Tarts total. 
You would be able to get even more tarts using a mini muffin pan.

The light was dappled in my front yard. So Pretty!

I loved the tartness of the Plums for these tarts!

They were so yummy!!

The recipe for this is easy, and perfect for Tea, Breakfast or Brunch!

Pink Piccadilly Plum Tarts

2 sheets Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry
2/3 cup Smuckers Plum Jam
2-3 Ripe Plums
Demerara Sugar

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Remove one sheet of puff pastry from package and let sit out until it is soft enough to work with. Using a fluted round cookie cutter, cut out as many rounds of puff pastry as you can and place the rounds into a tart pan or mini muffin pan. Prick lightly on the bottoms with a fork and let chill in refrigerator or freezer for 5 minutes. Wash and dry plum, then slice into thin strips, and cut those strips in half. The tarts are small and you need small pieces. Soften the plum jam slightly in the microwave or on stove in saucepan, just enough to loosen it up. Spoon one teaspoon plum jam into all tart rounds, and top with small sections of the sliced plum. Spoon or dab with a pastry brush some more plum jam on tops and sprinkle lightly with demerara sugar. Bake for 20 minutes. Let cool 2 minutes in the pan then remove to a wire rack. Enjoy!

I made some Black Raspberry Tea from Stonewall Kitchen. It went really 
well with the plum tarts! This tea was really easy to put together and a nice 
idea when you need something quick & easy!


4 comments:

  1. this is amazing and lovely in every single way!!! I love your tarts and could eat 100! Your presentation is so nice and that tea cup is so happy to have some tarts to talk with for tea time I am sure! HA!! Thanks for your kind words here and for joing tea today, it is fun and a nice diversion from the stress in life that is for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ADORABLE - I loved everything about this post! I have a serious case of tablecloth envy...
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute idea my friend...I love the fact that this is so easy but looks like you have been baking all day long! Brilliant. Hugs to you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jina, too bad I couldn't drop by for a sample. Your pictures are wonderful, they make me hungry for sweets!

    ReplyDelete