Saturday, February 4, 2012

Cherry Pink Chocolate Chip Puffs


Hope everyone's having a nice weekend! Today I wanted to bake
something but didn't want to spend a lot of time on it. These 
Cherry Pink Chocolate Chip Puffs fit the bill!

This cookie recipe is so easy to throw together.  I got the recipe from Food 
Network here.  The recipe is called Hazelnut Tea Cookies, but my daughter
 wanted chocolate chips instead of nuts today, so I used 1 cup mini 
semi sweet chocolate chips. 

I just used my small Pampered Chef cookie scoop and it made the 
process go a lot quicker. I got exactly 45 cookies, 
which is what the recipe says!
Of course, I added some of my cherry pink powdered food coloring to the powdered sugar and the dough! (1/4 tsp to each)  If you substitute chocolate chips for the nuts like I did, I suggest that you decrease the amount of powdered sugar from 1 cup to 3/4 cup.  The cookies were just a bit too sweet.

The cookies look so pretty stacked on my vintage china plates!

When they come out of the oven, you let them cool for 5 
minutes, then throw them in some powdered sugar.

I thought this photo from Pinterest was a cute way to package them!

This is a quick and easy recipe for any occasion, from baby or 
bridal showers to bake sale or teacher's gifts.
Happy Weekend!!



4 comments:

  1. So pretty! They remind me of my favorite Christmas cookie.
    Hugs,
    lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they look wonderful. I love the picture of Abbie eating the batter off the paddle. She is so sweet!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Lisa! Yes, they are like the cookies you see so much around Christmas, but with a little pink kiss!! Thanks for stopping by! xo Jina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Julie! Yes, Abbie is my official paddle cleaner! Thanks for visiting!! xo Jina

    ReplyDelete