I was so excited today to receive this award from Lisa at The Enchanted Oven. Lisa is such a creative baker and I love to visit her blog. One of her latest creations is her version of the painting Starry Night by Vincent Van Gogh! She also does sugar art and can decorate a cookie like nobody's business! Thanks Lisa for passing this award along to me!
The rules for this award are: 1: To thank the person who gave you this award with a link back to them and 2: tell seven things about yourself.
Here are my seven:
1. I love baking, it is like an art to me. Whatever I bake, I try to make it pretty.
2. I am the mom of 2 wonderful children, one boy and one girl. I also have a very supportive husband.
3. My new love is Pinterest, a virtual pinboard. Very addictive!
4. I have a sweet Golden Retriever and a very stuck up Cat.
5. I love antique stores and Tea Rooms.
6. I love vintage tablecloths, vintage fabric and feedsacks. Sad thing is that I can't sew!
7. I am a cookbook collector, and have upwards of 400 in my collection. I am also totally addicted to looking at food blogs and have a huge stack of printed recipes that I have no idea how to file.
And now I would like to pass this award along to:
This is such a cute blog and is decorated in such cheerful vintage patterns. Mrs. Cozy home has been through an earthquake and a hurricane recently and if anyone deserves an award, she does!
Doesn't this look yummy?! It is Lisa's recipe for Honey Cake that I tried yesterday. It is a lovely cake layered with homemade whipped cream and drizzled with honey. Sound tempting?! You can find the recipe over at Enchanted Oven. Thanks Lisa!
I used another of my vintage floral tablecloths for the picture to match the flowers I gathered for decorating the cake. A few Marigolds and a Zinnia that thankfully had not been fried in our 100 degree heat.
Thanks for visiting! Have a great long weekend!