Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Blackberry French Macarons



I have been experimenting with different colors for my French Macarons. These are supposed to be purple, but my son says they look gray!  Because my oven runs too hot, my colors are often off when I bake these.  I am still trying different French Macaron recipes and have not found the perfect one yet. I have also tried many different recipes for the Italian Method of making French Macarons, but all of the cookies turn out lopsided!!

I have learned one thing that is very important when baking these, and baking in general, and that is that you've got to learn your oven. Whether it tends to run hot or cold and whether it has hot spots etc. The most trouble I have with French Macarons is trying to find a temperature in my oven that will allow the cookies to rise, but not color them too much. I believe that Macarons made using the Italian method, for some reason, don't color as quickly in the oven and that is why I want to learn it.

I filled these with Blackberry Buttercream and it was really good! I just added some Blackberry Jam to my Italian Buttercream. Very tasty!! Well, on with the experimenting.......

4 comments:

  1. Well if you find that perfect recipe, let me know! These look gorgeous and the blackberry buttercream sounds divine.
    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely. will you come here and teach me macaron making..plllllllleeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaasssssssseeeeeeeeeee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look amazing...I love making Macaroons...never have I tried blackberry...love the colour. Our berries should be ready soon...I may have to give this a go.! xooxx

    ReplyDelete